Mike Baron & Steve Rude's Nexus

Got questions? He's got answers!
OmenSpirits.com

Mike Baron & Steve Rude's Nexus

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

Hello Mr. Davis,

I've been a long time fan of your artistic style and wondered,
have you ever had the desire to draw Nexus?

Thanks! :D
"My name–is Dash Courageous. Leader of the MorningStar Legion. Special secret combat unit empowered in 1923 by the president of the United States to protect its borders."

-Dash Courageous, Blazing! Adventures Magazine
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Re: Mike Baron & Steve Rude's Nexus

Post by Matt Platis »

OmenSpirits.com wrote:Hello Mr. Davis,

I've been a long time fan of your artistic style and wondered,
have you ever had the desire to draw Nexus?

Thanks! :D
Funny, I was just thinking that the other day. I would love to see a Nexus rendition by Alan. Steve Rude is one of my favorite artists and Nexus was always one of my favorite books.

I am in comic heaven with both Nexus and ClanDestine back! :)
~Matt
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I have heard of Nexus but I'm afraid it was one of the books-- the many books-- that have passed me by over the years.

When I began to work in comics I became far more casual about reading comics not because I lost interest but working on drawing or writing comics all day diminished their value as an entertaining distraction in my free time. Also, I was getting comps from Marvel, DC and some independent companies so had access to far more comics than ever before and I soon built up a horrendous backlog of unread books. Just not enough hours in the day-- and lots of other more pressing or interesting things to fill my free time.

Alan
OmenSpirits.com

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

Ah, I see. Hey, they just announced on Steve Rude's website that they are starting to publish Nexus again under his indy imprint.

Too bad they never contracted a illustration from you. :cry:
"My name–is Dash Courageous. Leader of the MorningStar Legion. Special secret combat unit empowered in 1923 by the president of the United States to protect its borders."

-Dash Courageous, Blazing! Adventures Magazine