Rachel Grey

Got questions? He's got answers!
lucasercomics

Rachel's do and Davis's drawing

Post by lucasercomics »

Regarding Rachel's old costume....I hate the hills, but love the mullet. The hound look with spikes and heels look great. I have to say. He was at the top of his game in the early to mid 1990's He drew the women more curvey. Now, he draws the gals too skinny and the women too streamlined. The women's faces are more oval and gaunt. If you compare his art from Excalubur 42 to 50...they were his best. the women look healthy while now they look like skinny super-models (anorexic).

With the way he's drawing now ...I believe he's either sacrificing quality because of Marvel's hand-breaking deadlines (and I always feel Mr. Davis hated deadlines) or he's not getting it right. Davis always does better when he does limited series than regular series (Superboy, the Nail, Batman, etc). I guess because less pressure from deadlines i would assume.

Don't get me wrong...I love Mr. Davis. I jus wish they'd give him all the time in the world to do his work and to hell with deadlines. I'd rather see him do wonderful and breath taking work anytime and all the time... than see rushed work. I saw examples of that when he did the last issues of X-Men on the Magneto War. I was disappointed(, yet I still bought two issues like I always do with all his work). They were not his best art work, but still ok. Sorry for any fans who might find this objectional including Mr. Davis *be honest and stay brave*.

I always re-read the Excalibur run. All time best!!!!!!!

Btw, I amost let out a hooray when I saw he drew CB, Rachel, Psylocke, Nocturn, and Meggan! Awesome.

He drew Roma with justice! I was happy with that!

(Oh, call me an old fogey, but I don't like the glossy paper, computer coloring, I like the color and paper of the old days. I always feel they showcased AD's art very well)
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

"With the way he's drawing now ...I believe he's either sacrificing quality because of Marvel's hand-breaking ((HA HA)) deadlines (and I always feel Mr. Davis hated deadlines) or he's not getting it right. Davis always does better when he does limited series than regular series (Superboy, the Nail, Batman, etc). I guess because less pressure from deadlines i would assume. "

Why speculate when you can ask? *Be brave and get honest*
lucasercomics

Post by lucasercomics »

:o

Hehehe! :lol:

Thanks for your time, Mr. Davis.

Will do! :)