ebay

Got questions? He's got answers!
Moonboy

ebay

Post by Moonboy »

Not a question but I found this on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ALAN-DAVIS-RARE-SPAN ... dZViewItem

"Alan Davis rare Spanish Special Sketchbook Mag. Features 98 pages in black and white and color full with sketches, preliminary art, covers, character studies and rare drawings. Also includes biography, a long interview with him and checklist of all his works. Please note that all texts are in spanish. Item in near mint condition, never read. Size: 11 x 8 inch. See pic below for cover details. Magazine only edited in Spain in October 2004. A must have item for Davis collectors!!"

Unfortunatly I can't see the images (I have internet only at work and well not all of it) but description let me think someone is trying to make money with the Alan Davis Comic Art website ? Or is this some spanish edition of the tomorrow book? After reading the news on Alan website I was wondering.[/url]
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

Interesting. It doesn't appear to be the Twomorrows book in Spanish, some of those images I don't recall seeing before. Especially the one with (it looks like) Rogue and Jean kissing.
~Matt
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

The book in question isn't a TwoMorrows book despite the fact it does contain the interview I did with Eric Nolen-Weathington. Anyone monitoring Ryan Bedard's THY Te Internet Junction shortly before it failed may recall that there were some postings about the problems arising from that situation-- but I don't want to resurrect them here.

The book on e-bay was published by a Spanish company Dolmen, the editor is Vincente Garcia. I have known Vincente for a very long time and sent him stats to include in his book although he did also include a large amount of work scanned directly from comics and a few fan sketches he downloaded from the internet.

The image of Jean and Rogue saw print in the US in the first issue of TwoMorrows 'Rough Stuff' magazine.

Alan
Moonboy

Post by Moonboy »

Thanks Alan.. Next time I willd do a little more deep search before posting such thing. (and apologies to Mr Garcia... :roll: ). By the way I just bought a few days ago the Tomorrow book... Why have I waited so long? Fantastic book, very informative. Just two problems :
1) Now I'm trying to buy all the work I had missing over the years on ebay...
2) Now I want to read an issue of TNT beetween each Clandestine Story arcs... :twisted: