Your Excalibur run....collected??

Got questions? He's got answers!
Crusader K

Your Excalibur run....collected??

Post by Crusader K »

Alan,

I stand in utter awe of your ability. From your faithfulness to how characters should act, the director's eye that you have when drawing and the interlaced and extended storylines is always fascinating and never fails to impress me, especially given some of the . . .work being produced today.

One of my favorite runs of all time and one I actually boarded, wrapped and bound was your solo run as writer and artist, along with Mark Farmer inking, on Excalibur. I still think it was an unreal achievement! I drove from Pennsylvania to Texas and back with it in the backseat of my car for entertainment on the road. The whole run!

I know Marvel is collecting Chris Claremont's and your early work on Excalibur, but do you know of any forthcoming collection of your run? Or do we have to badger Marvel for an Omnibus cause I damn sure would pay whatever I had to to get my hands on that!

I anxiously await ClanDestine and want to thank you for posting so much artwork on your site! Oh, and, if you should feel the urge to post some more scans of the Excalibur cast, >ahem< like Phoenix, I'd definitely appreciate it!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

I hope they make it through all of Alan's run. I really dug the Claremont era but Alan's second run was my absolute favorite. I get those out and read them all the time!

Here's hoping they release the ClanDestine as a HC as well!
~Matt
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Thanks for your kind words, 'K', Matt.

I'm afraid I have absolutely no control or knowledge of what Marvel reprints or puts out as a TPB-- Or else I'd nominate Killraven.

I will try to post some more art on my website in the near future. An update is long overdue-- I replaced my PC a few months ago in the hope of working more quickly but there has been a series of highly annoying, and time consuming, glitches ever since. Thankfully most are now resolved… I hope.

Alan
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Matt Platis wrote:I hope they make it through all of Alan's run. I really dug the Claremont era but Alan's second run was my absolute favorite. I get those out and read them all the time!

Here's hoping they release the ClanDestine as a HC as well!
The Claremont era was ok, but Alan's run was utter magic. Cohesive storytelling that flowed logically from one story to another! He took disparate characters that really had no business being together and gave them the reason for their grouping AND by re-doing the outfits made them totally his. And WHO ELSE besides Alan had the guts to figure out Rachel's past?

And a ClanDestine HC?! I'd buy that in a cold second!

And Alan? Thanks for the response!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"