Aviles Convention

Got questions? He's got answers!
Blacksad

Aviles Convention

Post by Blacksad »

Hi Alan

I have read on the internet you are coming to Spain for the Aviles Convention, and I would like to know if that's for sure and if you are going to be there for the whole convention or just a few days. I live in the opposite side of Spain, but will try to come this time.

Thanks.
eduardo

Aviles comic convention

Post by eduardo »

Hi Alan

I´m too interested about your attendance for the comic convention in Aviles and the days that you are going to be there.

Usually the authros stay all the days and I will like to know if you are going to be there until Saturday because for proffesional issues I can only go on weekend.

Also I will like to know if you are going to bring original art to sell in th convention and more especifically Excalibur pages

I would thanks a lot a reply about the days of your attendance and the question about the original comic art

Thanks
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I have agreed to go to Aviles Convention between the 4th and 8th of September but I haven't had final confirmation of dates and times yet-- possibly because of all the additional airport security and delays.

So, I'm afraid that even if everything goes to plan I won't be there on the weekend. Sorry Eduardo.

Alan
eduardo

Original art to sale???

Post by eduardo »

Thanks for te reply about your attendance in Aviles.

It´s a pity that you are going to be only from 4th to 8th, so I´ll have to wait another time to know you personally.

But I still want to know if you are going to take some original art to sell in the comic convention as many other authors do all the years.

Because if I can´t go to Aviles in these days I could say some friend to buy me a page of your work in Excalibur (if you´ll take it of course).

By the way, I´m now making an Encyclopedy of the X-Men for a spanish editor, and I have to thank you for resolve all the missunderstunding about the life of Rachel Summers and the Phoenix Force and put in order all the Captain Britania Cronology

Another thing, If I send you an e-mail about your availability for coming to a comic convention would you take the time to read the e-mail and the information inside???

Thanks and Huges
gourvy

Post by gourvy »

Dear Alan,

I am a french comics enthusiast from South of France, and I am trying to attend Aviles convention.
Do you know if you will come and what day(s) you will be in Aviles ?

I was there two years ago, and had a wonderful time thanks to friendly, professional organisation. Kudos to German, and all the Aviles gang.

Best, Noel
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Sorry Eduardo, I won't be taking any original art. All of the extra airline security makes it impractical. If you send an e-mail to my site I will read it-- eventually. I'm still way behind.

Noel, I'll be at the Convention between Tuesday and Friday. I haven't seen a schedule yet so I don't know at what times.

Alan
Cesar Madarro

Post by Cesar Madarro »

Great, I'll make a 3 hours trip to go there only to meet you. So I hope you are there the 6th of Septemeber (wednesday), that's the only day I can go.

I'd like to know if you'll be drawing commissions, or sketches. Something from you that I can keep for the rest of my life.
In that case I'll have to find the money for it and that's why I need to know.
I hope your wrist is fine again.

Many thanks, I think that will be one of the best moments in my life.

Question for the fans going there:

Are US comic books editions and original art pages (from art dealers or collectors) being sold at the Aviles convention?
Cesar Madarro's Art Online

www.iespana.es/persuader
christophe

Post by christophe »

Cesar Madarro wrote:So I hope you are there the 6th of Septemeber (wednesday), that's the only day I can go.
He will be at the Convention between Tuesday and Friday. See the answer to Noel aka Gourvy.
Cesar Madarro wrote:Are US comic books editions and original art pages (from art dealers or collectors) being sold at the Aviles convention?
US comic books I don't know, but original art, yes, sometimes. By artists, as Rick Leonardi or George Pratt 2 years ago I think...
gourvy

Post by gourvy »

Alan Davis wrote: Noel, I'll be at the Convention between Tuesday and Friday. I haven't seen a schedule yet so I don't know at what times.
Alan
Thanks for the info Alan.
Alas for me, work schedule does not allow me to visit this time. I have been waiting 20 years to see you in person, so I can wait another 20 years I think.

Hope you have a good time in Aviles, and come back there sometimes too
Are US comic books editions and original art pages (from art dealers or collectors) being sold at the Aviles convention?
well Cesar, it all depends on the authors.

As Christophe wrote, when I attended Rick Leonardi brought a bunch of pages (gosh, it was so amazing to look at), and so did Georges Pratt.

As for US original comics, there were almost no american comics to buy. bring your books if you want them signed is my best advice

Have fun y'all
Cesar Madarro

Post by Cesar Madarro »

Thanks for your answers guys. I hope to meet him on wednesday, and will see if sketches or commissions are possible... I hope so!!!!!!
Cesar Madarro's Art Online

www.iespana.es/persuader