How long do you see yourself drawing comics?

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

How long do you see yourself drawing comics?

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hello,

I was wondering if you have a time frame of when you might stop drawing comics?

My world will be a little less bright that day. :cry:

Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I was wondering if you have a time frame of when you might stop drawing comics?

When they pry the pencil from my cold dead hand-- Or when I can no longer get work... the type of work I want to do-- OR have you been speaking to my Doctor, Jim? Aside from my wonky wrist he said I was in great shape on my last health check... What did he tell you Jim... is it bad?

Alan[/quote]
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Aside from my wonky wrist he said I was in great shape on my last health check... What did he tell you Jim... is it bad?
I'm sorry, sir, but that's privileged information. I can't just give it out to any body that merely asks. :P

But I might be enchanted by some stunning artwork and not realize what I'm saying. I think a picture of Rachel Summers tangling with the warwloves might do the trick. :lol:

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Blackmail, mental torture and cruelty... So, Dungeonmaster isn't just a nickname.

Alan
Kroco

Post by Kroco »

Ho my god :shock:

DungeonmasterJim is so villain :|...

He don't deserve the picture.

:shock:

But if you have alrealy drawn it, I can give you my adress...would be sad to lose it :roll: .
poison_mouth

Post by poison_mouth »

I have a vaguely related question for you, Alan.

If you could no longer find work as a comic artist, what would you do? Would you work as an artist in other media, or do something completely different?
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I used to answer this question with the Monty Python 'Lumberjack' line but the honest answer is I really have no idea what I'll do when the comics work dries up. I go with the 'one day at a time' philosophy.
The one thing I hope to do when I get some serious free time is sculpture. I don't expect it to pay the bills but, next to comics, sculpture is my favourite art form.

Alan
Joel Harris

Post by Joel Harris »

Well, if the comics industry implodes (completely this time), I know you could have at least a nice supplemental income from commissions...I hope it doesn't come to it, but there would be a nice long line of fans like myself ready pay for commissions.
vinblood

Post by vinblood »

Joel Harris wrote:Well, if the comics industry implodes (completely this time), I know you could have at least a nice supplemental income from commissions...I hope it doesn't come to it, but there would be a nice long line of fans like myself ready pay for commissions.
:roll: Total comics implosion ? Why not...But not until a special desease affects the paper inner strucutre ! :P
I can beleive it .
8) Anyway, and anytime...I will try to approach you and ask for a commission (or one prelim..).
With respect :)
PEACE THAT'S WHAT WE WANT !
NO ?
So : don't complain...
Kroco

Post by Kroco »

Sculpture? Could be possible to see some of your art?