Gallery Requests

Got questions? He's got answers!
poison_mouth

Gallery Requests

Post by poison_mouth »

Hi Alan.

I seem to recall that during the eighties you designed some page borders for Marvel UK. They consisted of a space at the top of the page for the character's name and a story recap, and a picture of the character down the left-hand side. I think there was a Captain America, an Iron Man and a Thor. They would make a neat addition to the gallery as many of your non-UK fans won't have seen them. The Maya Merchandise advert would be nice to see as well.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

The borders served as a 'title page' for the Marvel UK reprints. The idea was that ANY story page could be reduced, without the usual (costly and time consuming) cropping or redrawing of pages from US publications, to fit within the titled border. I hadn't thought about the borders for a long, long time and I haven't come across any of the original art or copies of same-- But now that you have planted the thought I will keep an eye out.

And I will post copies of the Maya Merchandising Ads (and others) when I find good copies. The poor quality of the photocopying process twenty plus years ago is not only evident in the crude reproduction but also in the deterioration of the image as paper and chemicals deteriorate.
poison_mouth

Post by poison_mouth »

Great! Thanks Alan!