Just wanted to share - Splash page for New Mutants Annual #3

Got questions? He's got answers!
Icon-UK

Just wanted to share - Splash page for New Mutants Annual #3

Post by Icon-UK »

Many years ago, when a student just leaving Strathclyde Uni to start a career, I blew most of my then savings on something I saw hanging up at AKA Books and Comics. A great shop BTW, is it still there?

Anyway, I was always a Cypher fan, (For those too young to remember him, he was the most gloriously non-aggressively powered mutant Chris Claremont ever developed. A straightforward "boy next door" whose parents weren't evil mutants, had never met Wolverine and weren't from a parallel timeline as seemed to be the order of the day and who managed to get all the problems involved in meing a Marvel Mutant with only the talent to translate languages in return) and so seeing this little doozy of a piece was completely irresistable.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiec ... GSub=26659

I've had it framed on the wall of wherever I've been living ever since, and it'll have to pried from my cold dead hands...

Not that I think any less of this;

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiec ... GSub=26579

But the Cypher splash was my first ever piece of "Original art" so has a special significance to me.

Hope you don't mind me sharing... okay, there's an element of gloating there too, but work with me! :D
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

That Cypher is a great page! Well worth bragging about! :)

I remember Cypher from the old days, I wish there were more mutants like him.
~Matt
Raj

Post by Raj »

Matt Platis wrote: I remember Cypher from the old days, I wish there were more mutants like him.
More? We've just back down to 186 mutants. :lol:
Icon-UK

Post by Icon-UK »

Raj wrote: More? We've just back down to 186 mutants. :lol:
Yeah, but how many of them aren't (or haven't been)

a) Related to the Summers or Lensherr family

b) Tediously generic energy blasters and / or

c) killed pointlessly in recent New X-Men

:roll: