Next Project?

Find the lastest and greatest about Alan Davis!
adeadstar

Next Project?

Post by adeadstar »

Alan is off Uncanny and is being replaced by Chris Bachalo (I'll give him a shot, but I'm skeptical) It's too bad, the House of M issues were the best yet, I almost dropped the book to the floor when I saw CB, Meggan, and Rachel together again.

Rumblings around the 'net (how reliable) are that Fantastic Four: The End is Alan's next project. I haven't read any of the other "The End" books, anybody know if they're any good?

Not that it matters, if Alan was drawing Brother Voodoo: The Middle Years I'd still buy it. :wink:
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Re: Next Project?

Post by Matt Platis »

adeadstar wrote:Alan is off Uncanny and is being replaced by Chris Bachalo (I'll give him a shot, but I'm skeptical) It's too bad, the House of M issues were the best yet, I almost dropped the book to the floor when I saw CB, Meggan, and Rachel together again.

Rumblings around the 'net (how reliable) are that Fantastic Four: The End is Alan's next project. I haven't read any of the other "The End" books, anybody know if they're any good?

Not that it matters, if Alan was drawing Brother Voodoo: The Middle Years I'd still buy it. :wink:
I am the same way. Alan could write and draw anything and I would pick it up.

Fantastic Four: The End is the next project that Alan has lined up. I think it is a 6 issue limited series.

BTW-- Welcome to the boards! I need to get an introduction sticky thread made. :)
~Matt
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I trotally agree.
I just buy everything Alan does !
Everytime, he really ads something to the story.
I just wish he'd write more, because he is ALSO a great writer.
Clan Destine proved it. JLA : the Nail proved it. His Excalibur issues proved it.
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

Diablo wrote:I trotally agree.
I just buy everything Alan does !
Everytime, he really ads something to the story.
I just wish he'd write more, because he is ALSO a great writer.
Clan Destine proved it. JLA : the Nail proved it. His Excalibur issues proved it.
Alan's a very underrated writer. Have you read his Killraven? His ClanDestine is my absolute favorite of his stuff.
~Matt
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

My two favorite stories are "Clan Destine", indeed, and the epic Anti-Phoenix saga in Excalibur -One of the most memorable arc of all the X-universe (and, believe me, I have read A LOT of X-Men stories !!)

Finally, yep, I've bought Killraven and liked every issue of it. :)
I long for the day when Alan will write his own book.
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
AtekMan

Post by AtekMan »

I must have bought everything Alan had done since his second Excalibur run. Too bad the UXM stint was so brief but it was great to see Alan drawing all those Captain Britain related characters again.

Despite the fact I don't read that much Marvel these days I will definitely pick up Fantastic Four The End.
Alessandro D'Alessio

Post by Alessandro D'Alessio »

I'm really looking forward to FF: The End. I love it when Mr Davis writes his own stories.

I also can't wait to hear about his next project, but I guess the announcement is still ways off.
Peter Eliasson

Post by Peter Eliasson »

If anyone's in doubt, here's a link to the official press release from May 25th: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... gi?id=5313

I can't wait to tell one of my friends about the FF news, he'll go crazy! We both LOVED the three issues Alan did, and couldn't beleive he was leaving!
christophe

Post by christophe »

On Newsarama, first amazing scans about Fantastic Four: The End ! :shock:
http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays35.html
Michael P

Post by Michael P »

Wow! Thats gorgeous.
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

I like the sound effects. Some of today's Adobe Illustrator sound effects look pretty weak but Alan made nice robust sound effect letters.

Oh yeah, the art is pretty good too. And I'm always glad to see the Thing in just shorts - anything else just looks weird.

DM Jim
Gordon Somers

Post by Gordon Somers »

I'll join my voice to the above - gorgeous pencils (I'm just slightly dreading the printed colour versions)

Gordon
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

I agree. Absolutely breathtaking stuff. Looks to be some real fun stuff!
~Matt
Row

Post by Row »

I was looking forward to this before seeing those sneak peak pages, but now... can't wait, breathe taking pages.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat
lucasercomics

Thnxs!!!

Post by lucasercomics »

I was exicted to see the pencils from AD. You can tell he really is pouring his heart out on this project.