Introductions! Who are you?

Find the lastest and greatest about Alan Davis!
Blacksad

Post by Blacksad »

Hi there!
I'm Pablo Portillo. I live in Seville (Spain), where I was born. I'm a 33 years old Architect who works building cinemas (yes, more than 75 screens right now). I'm married with lovely woman and we're expecting our second child in may.

My first comic ever probably was Mortadelo, a spanish one. And my favorite Alan's work probably is Excalibur. But I must say I love all his work and I'm desperately trying to buy some of his art.
Lazelle

Post by Lazelle »

As a new member here's my info:

1. Real name is Barry

2. I live in Sudbury, Suffolk, UK

3. I'm 40

4. My favourite Alan Davis is Captain Britain in all his glory

5. My first comic was either Avengers (UK edition), Roy of the Rovers or Valiant or Cheeky or any of the other great UK stuff that Alan Moore is now re-imagining.

6. My kids are into FF and Daredevil. We have hundreds of heroclix and I have Captain Britain on my car dashboard. If I had to choose between comics, Doctor Who or my wife I'd really struggle but my wife would win !!
Michael P

Post by Michael P »

1) My real name is Michael P as my "handle" says.

2) Boston, Mass.

3) 20

4) What ISNT my favorite. I suppose my all time favorite would be the Uncanny Annual #2. I love when Meggan and Brian interact with the X-Men.

5) My first comic....Hmmm. I dont know. My first comic I got excited buying was Excalibur #1 :)

6) I'm an artist and Alan Davis is my number 1 idol.
Silvio Spotti

Post by Silvio Spotti »

1) What is your real name? Silvio Spotti

2) Where you from? Brazil

3) How old are you? 35

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work? The Nail 1 and 2

5) What was your first comic? Some Silver Surfer by John Buscema

6) Anything else we should know about you? Professional penciler /inker.
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

1) Nick Mort.. but most just call me Nico

2) I live in Twickenham in the sprawling, smog bound, chunk of landmass known as London

3) 33

4) Captain Britain when Alan and Alan were weaving a new begining

5) the first I can remember was a treat my mother bought me when I was 6, three days after arriving in Britain after living 6 years in the Middle East... a very early Star Wars comic. The first i bought myself.. was Rom Spaceknight

6) IT Techie, competitive fencer, jazz freak... oh.. and also keeper of the Fish tank of doom... current inmates not looking too happy :wink:
MRasheed

Post by MRasheed »

1) What is your real name? M. Rasheed 8)

2) Where you from? Detroit, MI

3) How old are you? 35

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work? A tie between his second run on Excalibur (Necrom) and ClanDestine

5) What was your first comic? A few Hulk issues from Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema

6) Anything else we should know about you? I'm the author of the self-published Monsters 101
Lesfer

Re: Introductions! Who are you?

Post by Lesfer »

1) Gustavo Lesfer

2) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

3) 28

4) Ha! Tough one... instead of choosing a favorite I'll say that Batman and the Outsiders introduced me to Alan's fantastic work.

5) Cannot remember exactly which one... I remember though it was some Spider-Man story from the 70's by Conway/Buscema.

6) I'm a beer lover.
nautilebleu

Post by nautilebleu »

1) Goulwen Reboux, but on the net, i'm known as Nautile Bleu. If you cross Nautile Bleu on a website, there's chances that's me !

2) Caen, France

3) 31

4) Excalibur and Clan Destine... but that's the only ones I've read until Uncanny X-men published now in France

5) Uncanny X-men by Claremont and Dave Cockrum

6) Like some others on this forum, I'm trying to create comics
Moonboy

Post by Moonboy »

Hi, all

1)Rémi

2)France, near Paris

3)35

4)Clandestine 1-8 ; Excalibur second run; Captain Britain with A.Moore; FF

5) I'm not sure. I hesitate beetween an old X-Men épisode with Lucifer (20?) in french Strange magazine or X-Men 94 in Special Strange 6 (or 4?). First "real comics" was an Uncanny X-men 252 and Excalibur 16.

6) no :D
Johnbamberuk

Post by Johnbamberuk »

Hi There,
First post so I thought I'd make it in the proper place and intrduce myself.
1) What is your real name? John Bamber

2) Where you from? Thundersley, Essex, England but currently living in Thailand.

3) How old are you? 32

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work? Single issue it has to be Uncanny X-Men 213 with the fight between Wolverine and Sabretooth. It's one of the earliest issues I read and it's still in my top three issues ever. Next to that I'm a huge Captain Britain fan and thoroughly enjoyed the Excalibur run and early Captain Britain work that Alan produced to such a high standard.

5) What was your first comic? I'm not sure I correctly remember this. I have vague memories of a DC comic set in the future with something to do with Superman or Superboy. I then have a memory of a Marvel Team-up issue featuring Spiderman and the Thing as well as Black Goliath(?) vs. Nuklo.

6) Anything else we should know about you? I'm an avid collector of original art. I have previously owned 3 pages of work by Alan and unfortunately when I was made redundant in the late 90's I had to sell the two I owned at the time. A pin-up of Phoenix and the original card art to Excalibur. It was the team card and the Sat-yr-9 card. I was very upset and have only recently managed to acquire a classic Excalibur page which I managed to find in Scotland. It's page 13 from the original one shot. I'd dearly love to own a page (or the cover) to Uncanny X-Men 213 and pages from Excalibur. My Dream :)

Nice to meet all of you and I hope to be more active as time goes by. I'm also managing to get back for the Bristol festival and if anyone wants to meet let me know.

Cheers

John
Jérôme

Who I am ?

Post by Jérôme »

As it seems to be the thing to do when arriving here :
1) Jérôme F. (I don't give my last name but Alan Davis knows it since I always asks him to come in France and take part in a comics show that takes place in France).
2) I'm from France as is pretty obvious now, the north of France, around Valenciennes to be precise (only french readers will be able to locate valenciennes but it's fairly close to Great Britain compared to Paris or Marseille).
3) I'm 32 years old.
4) My favourite Alan davis comics would perhaps be Clandestine but I have great memories of Excalibur since I discovered Alan's work in this title and I loved his X Men and Wolverine Bloodlust and nails and Batman Full circle... i'm a big fan of his work.
5) My first great memory of a comic would be a french reprint of Uncanny X Men by Claremont and Byrne, it was the issue with Dazzler and the Hellfire Club. I was hooked.
6) What is perhaps of interest is that aside from my day work, I organize a comics convention in France that has had 3 editions so far (I'm not the only one to take part in that).
I'd like to take this opportunity also to thank again Alan for all these great reading hours I've spent so far because of him and i hope I'll be able to welcome him in France really soon.
Preacher 59

Post by Preacher 59 »

1) Julien S.
2) North of France,Armentières near Belgium.
3) 34.
4) Like a lots of your fans : Excalibur,Clandestine and your work in 200AD with Alan Moore (you know what i mean...these two nasty guys...remember...).
5) First comic Uncanny X-Men 228 (Rick Leonardi) and in french edition a Star War episode from Marvel (a long time ago...).
6) I'm a Judo teacher,and when i have time i organize with some friends a Comics Festival in Lille (The Capital of North of France if i may say that).
Icon-UK

Post by Icon-UK »

Matt Platis wrote:Welcome everybody to the Alan Davis forums!

We have about 30 members now, so I thought it would be good for everyone to get to know each other.

1) What is your real name? (c'mon, you have nothing to hide!)

2) Where you from?

3) How old are you?

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work?

5) What was your first comic?

6) Anything else we should know about you? :D
1) Brian Doyle

2) Originally Scotland, currently living and working near Oxford

3) 38

4) Gosh! Now you're asking... Captain Britain, probably

5) American superhero comic of my own? X-Men 130; The Dynamic Debut of The Dazzler! and Marvel Team-up #90, Spider-Man and the Beast versus; "The Menace of the Modular Man"

6) You;ll find out.... eventually.... bwah-ha-ha-ha.....
Kroco

Post by Kroco »

1) David

2) Brussels Belgium

3) 28

4) All the Excalibure since Alan Davis write it.

5) There's to much

6) When I writh in english, it's pretty bad, even if I enderstand very well. I'm not a "comics" fan, I'm a fan of great artist, and Alan Davis is one of them.
OLW

Post by OLW »

1) Olivier Boissin
2) Montpellier, FRANCE
3) 21 years old
4) X-men/Clan Destine, JLA The Nail 1&2, Fantastic Four
5) my 1st comic was old uncanny X-men (Dave Cockrum episodes after phoenix saga... don't remember the issues numbers)
my 1st A.D. comic was X-men/Clandestine
6) I draw, I love music (write and sing), I want to be a science teacher (hopefully the next year) and I read comics, mangas and french art...
My other favorite artists are : C. Pacheco, F. Quitely, D. Cockrum and B. hitch...
[url=htpp://www.olwblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]