Introductions! Who are you?

Find the lastest and greatest about Alan Davis!
Brian Peck

Post by Brian Peck »

1) What is your real name? Brian Peck
2) Where you from? SUNNYvale California

3) How old are you? 37

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work? Excalibur

5) What was your first comic? X-Men #8 (Lee/Kirby/Stone)

6) Anything else we should know about you? Also a comic art collector and work at Apple Computer.
Be seeing you,
Brian
Peter Eliasson

Post by Peter Eliasson »

1) Same as my forum name, natch!

2) Gothenburg (or Göteborg, as we call it), Sweden

3) 34. And a half.

4) Oh, the agony of choice, they're all so good! Right now it's FF and both of the Nails.

5) My first comic (at age three) was a copy of a swedish comic book for kids called Bamse, a bear who gets superstrength whenever he eats his grandmothers honey (everyone else gets a tummy ache for three days!).

My first super hero comic was a swedish copy of Spider-Man.

6) Maybe later!
Gordon Somers

Post by Gordon Somers »

1)Real Name is my real name!

2) Dunfermline, Scotland, UK

3) 34 and a bit, but still feeling like I'm just past 21!

4) All of it!

5) First one I bought myself was Marvel Premiere 47 & 48 - John Byrne Ant-Man bought on a family holiday in Bridlington or somesuch (ah old seaside holidays!!), but if you really want to know it was an obscure British concoction called "Magic!" when I was about 3. It had wax pictures you bring out by rubbing a pencil over them!

6) I'm married with two lovely daughters
poison_mouth

Re: Introductions! Who are you?

Post by poison_mouth »

1) My real name is Matt. :)

2) I'm from Worcester, UK.

3) I'm 31.

4) My favourite Alan Davis work is probably ClanDestine, though I have great affection for Captain Britain.

5) My first comic was probably an issue of Hulk Weekly way back in 1979.

6) On the Thyte forum I was known as Typhoid Mary. :)
vinblood

Post by vinblood »

1) Vincent F.
2) Tournan en Brie, Seine et Marne, France
3) Hummmm.!!! 44 !
4) Excalibur
5) an issue of early Fantastic Four translated in one of the first french magazine with Marvel super heroes (Was it "FANTASK" or "MARVEL" ?? anyway this Reed Richard plastic guy amazed the 10 (or so..) years old boy I was...
6) I'm cured from comic books addiction...since my wedding (20 year ago)...But collect them from time to time anyway. Now, I'm a father, a public service worker (city hall)...and more concernes by the "meaning of life" than to get the next brand new car...
I appreciate the humility of a lot of artists which consider themselves as "human beings" instead of the next "Star of Glory and Fame". :roll:
PEACE THAT'S WHAT WE WANT !
NO ?
So : don't complain...
Elayne Riggs
Creator/Esteemed Guest

Post by Elayne Riggs »

Matt Platis wrote:1) What is your real name? (c'mon, you have nothing to hide!)
Got that right! My name is Elayne Riggs.
2) Where you from?
Bronkers, NY (combination of "Bronx" and "Yonkers" 'cause we live right on the border)
3) How old are you?
47... gah, I'm old...
4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work?
ClanDestine, as well as the Surfer piece he did which my husband inked and colored.
5) What was your first comic?
Dunno, I think it was probably Watchmen, something around '85 or '86.
6) Anything else we should know about you? :D
Mostly I talk.

- Elayne
"Life is truly normal only when people feel safe enough to critique, defend, and analyze art and popular culture." - Lisa Schwarzbaum
click here for my blog, Pen-Elayne on the Web
Valmont

Post by Valmont »

1.- Federico Pérez Ochagavía
2.- I was born in Logroño, Spain. Land of wine (La Rioja)
3.- I´m 31
4.- Very difficult question, because I love all his work. Maybe Excalibur and ClanDestine. With more long runs we can enjoy more Alan Davis' characterization (forgive me for my English)
5.- I remember reading old Marvel comics when I was a child: Fantastic Four, Spider-Man... The first comic-book I collected was Byrne´s Fantastic Four when I was 15 or 16.
6.- I work as a doctor in Salamanca, a very beautiful city in the west part of Spain
strawberry shortcake

Post by strawberry shortcake »

1.john robinson 2.loverly wolverhampton 3.40 4.hands down the captain britain stuff he did with moore and delano 5.countdown.(tv21) 6.transport manager[/img]
JackalsIII

Post by JackalsIII »

Hey Everybody!

My name is John and I live in Arizona. Been an Alan Davis fan since Excalibur, and the only thing better than Claremont/Davis is probably Davis/Davis. Twice the fun and twice the greatness! Can't get any better than that!

I'm also a HUGE freakin' huge! fan of Lockheed and his gal pal Kitty Pryde! My two favorite characters in comic history!
Declan Shalvey

Post by Declan Shalvey »

1) What is your real name? (c'mon, you have nothing to hide!)
Hi. My name's Declan Shalvey.

2) Where you from?
I'm from Eire, the giant pub that is Ireland.

3) How old are you?
23, last time I checked

That is an extremely difficult question! But if pushed, i'd have to say it'd be a tie between The Nail and the Clan Destine TPB. That may not have seemed hard to type, but i assure you it was quite hard to decide.

X-Men 35, Aug '94. Drawn by Liam Sharp who was filling in for Andy Kubert. I kept buying the title even though i had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then Age of Apocolypse happened. Imagine how confused i was then! However, i was hooked from then on. I may not be collecting as long as others on this forum but i'm pretty sure i'm just as dedicated(/obsessed)

6) Anything else we should know about you?
Aside that i blabber when someone asks me what my favourite comic is? Well, prob that i am thrilled to find a forum dedicated to Alan Davis is up and running, especially considering that there is some kind of vehicle in which one can hear his opinions from time to time. Thanks to all those responsible who made all this a reality.
Robin Riggs
Creator/Esteemed Guest

Post by Robin Riggs »

Declan Shalvey wrote:5) What was your first comic?
X-Men 35, Aug '94. Drawn by Liam Sharp who was filling in for Andy Kubert. I kept buying the title even though i had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then Age of Apocolypse happened. Imagine how confused i was then! However, i was hooked from then on. I may not be collecting as long as others on this forum but i'm pretty sure i'm just as dedicated(/obsessed)
Hi Declan. I inked X-Men #35 and it scares me greatly to think that it was the first comic of someone who is now 23! :) I'd like to apologise for my part in getting your obsession started.
-- Robin.

See my portfolio online at
http://www.robinriggs.com/Pages/folio/folio.html
Declan Shalvey

Post by Declan Shalvey »

Robin Riggs wrote:
Hi Declan. I inked X-Men #35 and it scares me greatly to think that it was the first comic of someone who is now 23! :) I'd like to apologise for my part in getting your obsession started.
hi Robin, thanks for the apology.
It's appreciated, although unnecessary. As a matter of fact i should probably thank you, getting into comics probably kept me off the street and following a life of crime, or something to that effect. Wow, that's wierd, i knew i recognised your name from somewhere but for the life of me couldn't figure out where from. There's some intricate linework in that issue, it must be a tough job inking over those pencils. Great Job! And, i wouldn't worry, the issue was out 11 years ago, and i'm sure you were VERY young when you inked it.
Dec.
sebelo2

Post by sebelo2 »

1) What is your real name?Sergio Benitez Lopez

2) Where you from? I live in Seville, South of Spain. But I'm from a town near Gibraltar (Algeciras)

3) How old are you? Almost 30

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work? BUFFF, difficult question. I'll go for Full Circle, Clandestine and JLA: The Nail.

5) What was your first comic? As far as I can remember I've reading comics since my mother birthed me . Now seriously, I started reading with Asterix, and in a more concious way with Dragon Ball Z.

6) Anything else we should know about you? I'm an architect on my way to being a teacher. I love movies, soundtracks and, of course, comic books. I also write movie, soundtracks and comic reviews for two spanish websites (bsospirit.com and cineybso.com)
"Gum would be perfection" (Chandler on The One with the Blackout)...FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!
Dreleen

Post by Dreleen »

1) What is your real name? (c'mon, you have nothing to hide!)

My name is Chazlynne Deguair

2) Where you from?

Grew up on Oahu, Hawaii, currently in Murfreesboro Tennessee

3) How old are you?

Im 25

Excalibur all the way!

I started collecting when I was in the 5th grade. I was the type of kid that grabbed everything on the shelf. But Once I got ahold of Excalibur issues 16-18 during the time cross capers. I was hooked and bought it exclusivly. Did i mention Im a huge Nightcrawler fan? Image

6) Anything else we should know about you?

Im currently in school for didgital animation but 2D will always be my first love. Alan Davis has been the single most inspiring and influential artist in my life and Im so glad to have found this forum and his gallery. Due to some financial issues and hectic schedules I no longer collect the comics (last time I entered a comic book store I spent $75, thats dangerous) like I wish I could. As for my art, my lastest endevor was donated works, to a group of individuals from an online RPG called everquest, which was then used to make a calendar. The proceeds from the sold calendars go toward expenses for the website. If you wanna take a look check here:

http://www.cafepress.com/noblerage.35949558

Im no professional but I try hard to improve and maybe some day I will be!

Image Alan Davis
Joe Prado

Post by Joe Prado »

Hi everyone! It´s great to be here -- now some info about myself.

1) My real name is João Baptista Leme do Prado -- my nickname (man, people call me "Joe" since I was 10!) and professional name is Joe Prado.

2) São Paulo - Brazil.

3) 32

4) Man, this is a really difficult question. The first time I got hooked by Alan´s work was on Outsiders, back in the 80´s. Among my favorite stuff that Alan did are: Detective Comics, Excalibur, The Nail 1 & 2, Clandestine... C´mon! This is a though question! There are too many options..!

5) The first time I layed eyes on a comic book was a Brazilian edition of Batman, pencilled by Dick Sprang, back in 1976 or something like that. After that, my grampa (who was a comic-book geek - lol) showed me his collection. That was exactly when I fell in love with comics. I had the chance to know many classic stuff such as Prince Valiant, X-9, Jungle Jim, Flash Gordon, Terry & The Pirates, Rip Kirby, Black-Bat and tons of other stuff.

6) Well, I´m huge fan of comics, a collector, and a comic-book artist. I did some stuff for DC, such as WildCats: Dogs of War, JLA-Z, Action Comics, Superman, Birds of Prey (just breakdowns for Ed Benes), and more recentely Rann&Thanagar War, sharing the pencilling duties with my highly-talented friend Ivan Reis.

What brought me to this boards was Robin Riggs, we met working on DC stuff, and he said that this is definetely the place for Alan´s fans. So here I am. =)