Introductions! Who are you?

Find the lastest and greatest about Alan Davis!
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Introductions! Who are you?

Post by Matt Platis »

Welcome everybody to the Alan Davis forums!

We have about 30 members now, so I thought it would be good for everyone to get to know each other.

1) What is your real name? (c'mon, you have nothing to hide!)

2) Where you from?

3) How old are you?

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work?

5) What was your first comic?

6) Anything else we should know about you? :D
~Matt
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Re: Introductions! Who are you?

Post by Matt Platis »

Matt Platis wrote:Welcome everybody to the Alan Davis forums!

We have about 30 members now, so I thought it would be good for everyone to get to know each other.

2) Where you from?

3) How old are you?

I'll go first...

1) My real and professional name is Matt Platis. :)

2) I currently reside in Logan, Utah... in the States.

3) I am 31. (that sounds old)

4) Split between ClanDestine and Alan's second run on Excalibur.

5) I collected Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica early on but my first official comic was Uncanny X-Men #200.

6) I also post at the joequesada boards as argent28. I am a real comic geek but I do have a life (and family) outside of comics. You may not know that since my first boy is named Logan. :wink:
~Matt
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

1) Max Fontaine
2) Bethune, France
3) 30 years old
4) Excalibur and Clan Destine
5) Excalibur#1 (in french), Excalibur#42 (my first comic-book in english)
6) I'm a teacher, I write novels and I work with my brother's band, Atlantys (yep, a lot of things I do !)
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
CurlyyHairGirl

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

1)My first name is Eryn, and that's all I really feel comfortable putting in, not that I don't trust y'all, but I hope you understand..It's just the whole internet thing.
2)Orcutt (or as most people know it, Santa Maria) California, USA.
3)17 on August 16th
4)A tie between the early EXCALIBUR series and his recent run on UNCANNY X-MEN
5)I think my first comic was Foxtrot by Bill Amend, but I'm not sure if that counts, other than that I really cannot remember.
6)I like rough sports like Soccer, hockey, football(tackle), dodgeball, rugby, and I've played rec. Softball for 10 years. I have two shelties that are the loves of my life. I draw alot. Hmmm...I'm in my senior year of Highschool, and I love hard core Metal, Alternative and Industrial rock, Tom Jones, David Bowie, Frank Sinatra, and I really do have curly hair, hence the name. I eagerly await the new season of Gilmore Girls.
Peace, love, and all that crazy Voodoo.
jaxel

Post by jaxel »

o.k. I'm next.
1. jeff rusland
2. Toronto,ontario,Canada
3. age 33
4. Definetly excalibur but also the original Captain Britain. Trades.
5. First comic I can remember was Rom spaceknight
6. I am also on digital webbing and byrne robotics
I don't know what a moderator does but if you give me a little more info maybe I can help.
christophe

Post by christophe »

1) Christophe
2) Toulouse, France
3) 35
4) Favorite Alan Davis work : I can't choose between New Mutants Annual 3, Excalibur (1st + 2nd run), Batman: Full Circle, ClanDestine, Fantastic Four 1-3, JLA The Nail & Another Nail, Batman: Gotham Knights 25, Killraven.
5) First comic : She-Hulk # 3. And later first runs, Fantastic Four by Simonson, Namor by John Byrne, Excalibur by Alan Davis. (Translated in french, my first comic-book was Uncanny X-Men # 130 or Iron-Man # 149)
6) About Alan Davis, I helped Ilke (very modestly) for the checklist on http://www.alandavis-comicart.com, wrote an article about Killraven on the Web (french text) and show some original art at the time of an exposition about comic-book artists.
Last edited by christophe on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entropy

Post by Entropy »

My turn i guess...
1) What is your real name? Jason L.
2) Where you from? Currently in Lexington, KY (but have also lived in WV, TX, and GA)

3) How old are you? 25

4) What is your favorite Alan Davis work? Both runs on Excalibur and Clandestine

5) What was your first comic? One of the Jim Lee X-men X-cutioners song issues. It wasn't my thing and would have never bought another comic if a friend had not convinced me to buy an issue of Excalibur (one Alan's second run issues). After that i was hooked.

6) Anything else we should know about you? I fence (have been in charge of the UK {as in University of KY} fencing club for quite some time), work (geologist), take more college courses (cannot get enough), and read (just about anything).
RIP Kurt Vonnegut and Lloyd Alexander.

Insanity is all in the mind.
adeadstar

Post by adeadstar »

1) Mike Engel
2) Brooklyn, New York
3) 30 (sigh)
4) Before 1988, I really liked comics. When I finished reading Excalibur Special Edition (The Sword Is Drawn) for the first time, I knew I was hooked for life on a hobby that nowadays costs as much as a drug habit. Thanks a lot, Alan Davis! :wink:
5) As a young child of 5, I read Justice League of America, Fantastic Four, etc. Academically I was ahead of my peers, socially I lagged behind (sound familiar, anyone?) I stopped for a while, when I started reading comics again, Byrne's Superman revamp sticks out in my mind.
6) I'm a liberal, a part-time student (masters in education), a musician and songwriter, a husband, a homeowner, a dog-lover, and an ethical vegan. I got my first tattoo this year (a vegan symbol I designed) and I think my next one will be an Alan Davis drawing. I wonder how many Alan Davis tattoos are out there?
Row

Post by Row »

1. Roland Bird.

2. Small town somewhere in the centre of the UK called Walsall.

3. 34

4. Hard to choose, as I've enjoyed everything Alan has done, dating back to his early work for Marvel UK and 2000AD.

5. Fantastic Four in 1976 ( Now I feel old).

6. I play the guitar, but not as well as I play my face, or so I've been told.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat
nweathington
Creator/Esteemed Guest

Post by nweathington »

1- Eric Nolen-Weathington

2- Mebane, NC

3- 35

4- I like different stories for different reasons, but overall it's probably the 2nd run of Excalibur.

5- I think it was a Gold Key Sylvester & Tweety comic I got when I was 3 or 4.

6- I edit and design the Modern Masters book series published by TwoMorrows, the first volume of which featured Alan.
Eric Nolen-Weathington
www.twomorrows.com
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

1) Jim Roberts

2) western Massachusetts, USA

3) 34

4) 1st Excalibur run

5) no idea, but when I started collecting I remember buying West Coast Avengers (limited series), Green Lantern, and I think a third comic too.

6) With any luck, you'll read my currently unpublished comic The Necropolis Chronicles. I work at Strathmore Papers - we make the comic paper Marvel provides to it's artist. So in a really lame way, if Alan Davis gets his paper from Marvel (U.S.A.) I sorta help him make comics! I said it was lame!

Post by Alessandro D'Alessio »

Matt Platis wrote:Welcome everybody to the Alan Davis forums!

2) Where you from?

3) How old are you?

Hi!

1) My name's Alessandro
2) I'm from Italy
3) 23
4) That's gotta be Excalibur, but it's really hard when you have to choose among jems such as Clandestine, Uncanny X-Men and The Nail!
5) Some Spider-Man comic in the nineties, IIRC
6) That's all for now :-)
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Okay, here goes...

1) Steve Bates

2) Manchester, UK

3) 35 (eek!)

4) Probably the early Excalibur stuff

5) Buster when I was a kid, then 2000AD (home of DR&Quinch and Harry Twenty). The first american superhero comic was probably Uncanny X-Men #127 (the Proteus story)

6) Nothing comes to mind at the moment
Robin Riggs
Creator/Esteemed Guest

Post by Robin Riggs »

1) Robin Riggs

2) I'm from East Sussex in England but for getting on for 7 years now I've been living in New York.

3) 43

4) Whatever his most recent work is at any given point as he just gets better and better as he refines his craft. The work I return to most often is probably JLA: THE NAIL as it's such a nice piece of standalone storytelling. For a variety of reasons the single piece of Alan's work that actually means the most to me though is the Silver Surfer piece we did for Marvel's 9/11 tribute book HEROES.

5) The first comic I can remember reading was an old beat up copy of JLA #1 that my big brother, Terry, had. The first Alan Davis comic I read was probably the second or third of his Captain Britain stories in MARVEL SUPERHEROES. The first Alan Davis comic I worked on was X-MAN '96.

6) I'm married to the lovely Elayne who is also a member here. I've been promising Alan for way too long that I'll work on developing my pencilling so I'd better go and get on with that. :)
-- Robin.

See my portfolio online at
http://www.robinriggs.com/Pages/folio/folio.html
CAIO REIS

Post by CAIO REIS »

1) My name is Caio Reis (NOT related to the other great artist and countryman Ivan Reis, who is member of this forum).
2) Im from Brazil (You may have heard about a recently major robbery to a brazilian bank! Well, thats the city I live in)
3) 24
4) Excalibur and Clan Destine
5) The publishing in Brazil is miserable, so Im not getting into editions, but I do remember it was a Captain America.
6) Im a aspiring comic book pencier. I started studing hard about six months ago and Im far from a professional level, but Im too stubborn to quit so I have to go on! Here is some of my stuff (Its in portuguese, but you still can see the pictures):
[url] http://fotolog.terra.com.br/desenhos_rascunhos